Saturday, August 25, 2012

Welcome to my blog


Hello, my name is ‘ro. Welcome to my home online.

I am an American citizen who has recently moved to Kenya to settle-down and make a life for myself. Fortunately, my folks are from here and I have dual-citizenship (I consider myself a pseudo-expatriate…a faux-pat?) so my transition won’t be too difficult. I am a burgeoning writer/poet who has finally given himself the permission (and time) to write. This blog is therefore mainly a platform for my work.

Most people would take this as an opportunity to make a record of their journeys and adventures, detailing all of their humorous and quirky missteps with a new culture and supplementing their tales with numerous photos. This is not one of those blogs. I hate shit like that; I generally take crappy pictures and I suck at travel writing. If that’s what you’re looking for, I suggest you hit the “back” button right now.

If, however, you are full of disturbing thoughts and ideas (and by “disturbing”, I mean creepy, not criminal) then I think you may enjoy yourself here.

I’m also rather opinionated (about oftentimes odd topics) so I plan, as well, to throw out some of my thoughts on things.

In addition, I will be writing random book reviews as the mood strikes me (full disclosure: I am masochistically drawn to poorly-executed fiction AND I’m a bit of a kindle e-book hoarder, so I have LOTS of potential victims – uh, err, books! Yes…books – to read and review).

So, pour yourself a drink, take a seat and we’ll see if I can’t entertain you for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment